Inspirational Videos: Videos that Touch the Heart
Everyone has had that heart in the throat moment when watching an inspirational video that makes you tear up and feel proud at the same time. Videos that touch the heart and inspire you to get out there and tackle the world have been around since the invention of the television. Starting with videos of the Star Spangled Banner and moving on to the underdogs winning the Super bowl motivational videos hype people up and give them the “I can do anything” feeling that is sorely lacking in parts of the world today.
Some of the best inspirational videos around are ones such as “America the Beautiful” and “The Challenge of Leadership” that have made our great nation what it is today. Other countries have their own inspiring videos that make their citizens stand up and be proud of who they are and where they come from.
However, inspirational videos are not just limited to boosting our countries courage. These videos are used in every walk of life, from jobs to sports, to give people the extra boost they need to get the job done and do it well.
What college football player isn’t going to be gung ho and ready to take on the world after watching the movie clip of last year’s team defying all of the odds and winning the championship? That is what is meant by an inspirational video.
However, how do you choose just the right inspirational video to fully motivate your audience? Below we will list a few steps that will have your audience on their feet and ready to take on whatever challenge they need to face to succeed.
If you are giving a speech to go along with your inspirational video then of course you want your clip to be related to your topic. Choose carefully and your motivation inspiring speech will go off just as you intended.
- Set a clear objective of what your speech is trying to accomplish before you start looking for the perfect clip from the perfect video. Write down a couple of specific objectives so that you don’t get off track. This way when you start looking for clips you want be lost and unfocused.
- Think about your target audience. You don’t want to lose them halfway through the video because there is no connection to what you are showing and what your speech is about. For example, while “Saving Private Ryan” may be an inspiration to the military it probably won’t work well for the cheerleading squad of your local high school.
- Compile a list of movies that inspire you. If you aren’t sure, you can do a web search of “motivational videos” or “inspirational videos” that will help you to narrow it down to the category that you are looking for.
- Choose a movie that will tell a story about the topic you are trying to drive home. Inspirational videos can have quite an impact if they are used properly.
- Look for an inspirational video that explains the plot briefly, but at the same time tells the story that you are trying to get across without distracting your target audience from your goal.
Following these simple tips should have you getting your speech ready and your point across in no time at all.
Inspirational videos are inspiring to us all and nothing will spruce up a website like having a video that begins to play when a visitor clicks on the link. The video draws the visitor in and keeps them hooked long enough to get your message across.
Some of the best inspirational videos include speeches, scenes from classic movies, and other awe-inspiring footage. The best thing about these videos is that you get a visual along with an auditory image. Many people don’t realize how powerful just a clip of a movie can be. Combine powerful images with powerful music and it doesn’t take long to be up and ready to go for your dreams.
With all of that being said if you are looking for inspirational videos it is like doing research on anything else on the web, sometimes it comes right to you and sometimes it can be hard to find. You know what videos you have seen over the years that move you but for the life of you, you can’t find them again when you need the inspiration. There are sites on the Internet that devote themselves to motivational and inspiring videos and are just a click away.
Some of the best motivational video clips around are “The Any Given Sunday Speech” by Al Pacino, “The Sons of Scotland Speech” by Mel Gibson from “Braveheart,” and who could forget and didn’t have a lump in there throat by the end of the “Independence Day Speech” by President Whitmore in the movie “Independence Day?”
Any and all of these are inspiring and will be sure to bring tears to the patriotic hearts of the people who see them. Choosing one of them to back up a speech or to just motivate a friend or family member will not only inspire them but make you feel good as well.
It is never a good idea to underestimate the power of a video. Inspirational videos don’t always have to be dramatic or somber however. There are many funny videos out there that will inspire as well. Jim Carrey’s “I believe I can fly” video clip is not only inspirational but hilarious as well proving that you don’t have to be on a collision course with an asteroid to be motivated as in the president’s speech in the movie “Armageddon.” “I Believe in Miracles” from Pixar’s funny mouse is another motivational funny that people enjoy watching.
Whichever video you choose to inspire you and make you want to move forward with your dreams know that there are many out there to choose from. You can do a search at almost any time and be able to come up with just the right Inspirational video to touch your heart.